Wednesday 28 September 2011

TOTO!!

I have never been an animal lover, my younger siblings have been going on and on to my parents about getting a dog and i was totally against the idea. My little sister would sit daily on the ipad looking at dogs and constantly asking for one.
 I always tried to persuade my parents that it wasn't a good idea.. because i could see my mum starting to give in saying it would be good for the little ones especially Melissa.
Well a couple of weeks ago my mum said they were off to the animal centre to look at dogs to buy, in my head i thought yeah right she's just saying that to keep the little ones happy.
I made it clear i wasn't interested and getting a dog was a bad idea so i wouldn't join them in going to the animal centre.
They all came back saying they fell in love with this little dog and my mum said we pick it up next week.. I was so shocked that i continued to battle against the reasons along with my dad as to why we shouldn't have a dog LOL but the rest where all for it- They won! The day came to pick up little Scruffy. I decided i would go and see the little dog that i still didn't actually want to bring home.  We arrived and anxiously the dog got brought out, it jumped up at me and i stroked it, i am quite nervous when it comes to animals especially dogs as i remember one time i babysat for a ladies dogs when she went on holiday that was a Nightmare and put me off ever having dogs.. but thats a different story.
I am starting to turn.. this dog is so lovely so sweet natured, so loving, well trained its just so sweet. There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting in from work and the dog being so excited to see you and not to mention the early morning runs i have been doing so enjoyable! I love this little dog after only a week of having it.. i can see how people become really attached to there animals.

This is what our little dog scruffy looks like..  The dog off of the Wizard of Oz its the exact same colour and would actually pass as toto.. Cute hey!!

scruffys first bath.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment